to Flown From The Nest , the website dedicated to former players
and managers of Norwich City Football Club.
This website is dedicated to all those followers of Norwich City who have
ever wondered what happened to a former player. I aim to answer all of
those "Where are they now" questions that haunt so many
conversations between football fans. Hopefully this website will be of
interest to football fans who support clubs other than Norwich City. In
transfer dealings over recent years, ex-Canaries have landed at nearly
every league club and a significant number of foreign and non-league sides.
If you are a supporter of one of these teams, you can find out more about
that player your team fields/fielded that once played at Carrow Road.
Alternatively, one can use this site as a unique and different perspective
on recent footballing history. Programme Editors and Webmasters of other
football sites are welcome to use the textual information contained within
this site but credit must be given to Flown From The Nest, and a link
back provided. This site was previously hosted by Geocities and was launched
in October 1997.
Therefore this web site attempts to include biographical details on all
players who have ever worn the Yellow and Green strip of the Canaries
(Norwich City's nickname for the uninformed whilst The Nest was Norwich
City's stadium prior to their move to Carrow Road in 1935 ).
It doesn't matter whether they were first team regulars, played a single
friendly or reserve match whilst on trial or were youth team starlets
that didn't make the grade - I intend to cover them all. The only limit
is that they must have played for Norwich since 1980 which is the year
that I started following the fortunes of my hometown club. I needed to
impose some sort of constraint otherwise this project would never be completed.
Those seeking historical and/or biographical information about the club
prior to 1980 are recommended to purchase Mike Davage's Glorious Canaries
(1994) or Canary Citizens (1986, reprinted in 2002) by John Eastwood
and the aforementioned Mike Davage. Other sources used to construct this
site along with useful website links can be found here.
The site is divided into 5 main sections
1. PLAYERS - the bulk of the site contains the
biographical details of these former Canaries. Approximately 800 players
are represented on the site. These include:
- Current Internationals (Robert
Snodgrass, Harry Kane, Jamal Lewis etc)
- Premiership regulars (Ryan Bertrand , Nathan Redmond, James Maddison, Emi Buendia etc)
- Promising youngsters (Angus
Gunn;Adam Idah Bllly Gilmour etc)
- Current Norwich City first-teamers (Teemu Pukki , Todd Cabtwell etc)
- Football League players ( Ched Evans, Elliott Bennett, Ian Henderson, Mario Vrancic Wes Hoolahan etc)
- Managers (Mark Robins,Age Hareide, Paul Cook, Peter Grant etc)
- Coaches (
Ashworth, Luke Chadwick, Mike Phelan, John Kennedy etc)
- Former international stars (David
Healy , Jose
Maria Bakero, David Rocastle,
- Those involved in East Anglian amateur football (Adam Drury, Rossi Jarvis, Danny Crow etc)
- Those playing overseas (Dom Dwyer,,Ivo Pinto, Nelson Oliveira, Alex Tettey, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel etc)
- ..and many many more. [CLICK
note that I do not have contact details for any player listed on this
2. CLUBS - this section concentrates on the relationship between
Norwich City and other football clubs, showing which players have played
for both Norwich and any of the other 91 Premiership / Football League
clubs. [Click for CLUBS]
3. NEWS - the News pages provide a quick update
as to what has been happening with the careers of former Canaries. We
try to update the News page on a weekly basis [Click
4. YEAR-BY-YEAR shows transfers and squads for
each season. [Click for YEARS}
5. FEATURES - this final section contains articles
concerning former Canaries. These include "legendary team line-ups"
and reviews of past-seasons from a "Flown From The Nest" perspective.
[Click for FEATURES]